Friday, April 1, 2011

Sjodren's and Scleroderma

This post is not to judge what Marilyn Leisz knew or didn’t know it's a great opportunity to talk about Scleroderma.

Marilyn Leisz was interviewed on The Today Show. She had eye surgery and cannot close them completely. Sound familiar? If not, allow me to introduce you to Sjodren's Syndrome. Sjodren's Syndrome itself is an autoimmune disease. It was unclear to me if the two exist as separate diseases or underneath the umbrella of Scleroderma symptoms. (If anyone can clear my confusion, please comment) The "hallmark Symptoms" are dry eyes and dry mouth. Patients with Scleroderma have dry eyes and dry mouth because of the free facelift and nose job. Their eyes do not close all the way when they blink or sleep. It's tough to manage. I watched Marilyn Leisz's eyes as she spoke and it made my eyes hurt. You could see the unconscious struggle her eyes were making to close.

I had to make this short today, but I wanted to get this out. Check out the links, watch the Today Show clip and learn more about the symptoms of Scleroderma and Sjodren's.

Thank you for reading and have a great Friday!
Karen
For more Info:
Sjodren's Syndrome
The Scleroderma Research Foundation
The Scleroderma Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blazing Flare-Ups