Thursday, December 9, 2010

And Now, a Tease...

Excuse my grammar, but I want to get this out there. I will have a more detailed blog in a day or so, but is you have any circualtory problems, look into this finding. I'm on my way out the door for the VA, but I just wanted to say something about the recent findings having an immediate effect on blood vessels. This is an step toward better education about the toxins around us and how it effects the smallest parts of us we take for granted. The first thing I was told back in 1992 when my fingers turned blue and tingled for what appeared to be no reason is, "Stop smoking".

18 years ago doctors knew nicotine was a vasoconstrictor. If you get a chance, do some more research about it. I will be posting a full entry about it in a day or two if you don't get to it.

Have a great Thurs. everyone!

More to read: Livestrong

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Remintola. Looking into it right now.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing out the bad link. I apologize. Here is a link to second hand smoke info:http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tobaccocancer/secondhand-smoke
    I need to follow up on my "tease" entry. Second hand smoke has nicotine. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor. Second hand smokers don't get the luxury of a filtered "hit". There was an article regarding the effects of second hand smoke and the Livestrong link I had posted, had some kond of erroe. I will spend time finding it tomorrow afeternoon and have a new link posted to the article in question. Thanks again Remintola for letting me know about it. I want this blog to be informing, not confusing.
    Have a great night everybody:-)
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete

Blazing Flare-Ups