Sunday, October 17, 2010

Everything Else Is Just "Spoons"

This blog is not just about me and my experiences. I want my readers find things that have helped me and form their own opinions.

I am very grateful to Christine Miserandino. She wrote "The Spoon Theory" at butyoudontlooksick.com. Check out her blog and learn about someone living with Lupus. You don't have to have Lupus to find it helpful. I have adopted her Spoon Theory to help me when things get overwhelming. The Spoon Theory has helped me understand why I need to consider my health when deciding what I can handle. I have a very hard time accepting my limitations. Turning my projects into "spoons" has helped me let go of my unrealistic guilt I give myself when I don't live up to my own expectations. I don't think of myself as sick or limited, I probably never will thanks to denial. The Spoon Theory helps me put into perspective what is really important, like taking care of myself so I can be there for my son. Everything else is just "spoons".
Thanks Christine!
Progress that brings us closer to a cure or provides better treatment for symptoms of Lupus helps everyone with a chronic disease. We are all connected. If you want to help, join me and make a donation to sponser Team Christine at the 17th Annual Walk Along for Lupus. If a donation isn't in your budget, check out her blog and learn about her experiences. Awareness and education is priceless.

For further reading...

Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

The Scleroderma Foundation

Scleroderma Research Foundation
Lupus Alliance of America

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blazing Flare-Ups