Friday, May 7, 2010

Custody and Luaus

So a few weeks ago in mediation, my ex decided to try to get full custody of our 6 year old son. He told the mediator because of the severe contractures of my fingers, he felt I could not take care of our son. He could provide no conclusive evidence as to why other than, "because I say so". He managed to make the mediator angry, to my amusement (later). So a judge ruled in my favor for joint custody one week after mediation. My ex apologized on the way out of court, not to his credit- just to my amusement. So that's that.

On to a Mother-Son Luau at my son's school tonight. I'm wearing short sleeves and I am very self conscious about it. My hands look like out of place drumsticks on to end of my arms. If it was any other event, I would put a long sleeved t-shirt under my dress on, but what kind of chicken shit would I be wearing a long-sleeved shirt to a luau? That's no example to set for my son, right? So, despite my groans about it, I'm just going to go for it. For the record, I really, really don't want to. I feel like I'm jumping off some cliff all in spite of my own vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blazing Flare-Ups