Saturday, March 20, 2010

Naming My Elephants

Since I changed the name, thought it would be a great time to give my definitions of Scleroderma and Sarcoidosis.
Today, let's talk about Scleroderma. There are so many better definitions than mine, but here goes. It's an autoimmune disease that causes an overproduction of collagen resulting in lots and lots of scar tissue. What is an autoimmune disease? Well, every autoimmune disease manifests itself differently so I will use some familiar references.
An autoimmune disease is some type of reaction with no know cause, where your body doesn't recognize and attacks it's own healthy cells. Remember the end of Scarface where tony Montoya was saying hello to everybody with his little "friend"? He takes out his sister and his best friend -those he needs the most, but he's so coked out he doesn't recognize they are truly the only people who love him. That's the autoimmune disease. All coked out and killing everything important to the body.

I just found a great website about autoimmunity. I'm still checking it out and I would love to hear any feedback from anyone who has visited this site.
aarda.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blazing Flare-Ups